Radio Toolbelt (Project 'Hephaestus') - weather.exe
This utility is primarily for our internal use for diagnosing Project 'Zeus' issues as they relate to pulling the information from the various weather providers. Additionally, we utilize this to initially test additional providers. We are including it in the toobelt to gather some feedback as to the possible other uses that this might serve.
Most of the following options can easily be changed from within the application in addition to being "hot reload" enabled within the weather.ini configuration file.
- name - This value will be displayed in the window title.
- location - You can use zip code, lat/lon, NOAA station, etc.
- location - initially blank when the file is first created; will be modified to the last position of the window upon exit.
- size - initially blank when the file is first created; will be modified to the last size of the window upon exit.
- minimized - Can be set to True or False. This determines whether or not the window will be launched in a minimized state.
The following specify the settings for the "current" conditions.
- provider - Can be set to nws, nwsapi, nwsmapclick, openweathermap, weatherstack, pws, or yahoo.
- interval - This is the number of minutes between polling the information from the chosen provider.
The following are settings as they relate to pulling the forecast (assuming the forecast information is already included as part of the current details).
- midnight - Set to True to activate the information to be retrieved at 12:00 am. False to disable.
- morning - Set to True to activate the information to be retrieved at 6:00 am. False to disable.
- noon - Set to True to activate the information to be retrieved at 12:00 pm. False to disable.
- evening - Set to True to activate the information to be retrieved at 6:00 pm. False to disable.
Note: Modifying the weather.ini file is hot reload enabled; meaning that as soon as you save the changes to the file, the application (if running) will automatically apply the changes (without requiring restart).
End User License Agreement